Regardless of the cosmetics used to complement your features, a smooth, even complexion goes a long way to helping other products do their jobs. And who doesn’t love to glow make-up free? So, if your at-home facials and purifying oils still aren’t giving the results you want, maybe a change of tactics is in order. Because it’s no secret what you put into your body has tremendous effects over your skin, despite the array of moisturizers and serums that sit atop your sink.
To re-invigorate your beauty routine, try these delicious, fresh smoothies. We promise you won’t regret it.
Green is the New Black
Nothing packs an antioxidant, vitamin-rich punch like a shake full of kale and cucumber. Put the following ingredients in a blender and enjoy the afterglow. Recipe from thingsimadetoday.com.
- 2 large kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 pear, cut into chunks
- 3 or 4 ribs of celery
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
In case you haven’t heard, cabbage has so many health benefits we can’t begin to list them all (hint: it’s all about the collagen). But fear not, all you’ll taste with this concoction are the ripe blueberries and sweet bananas. Recipe from sweetashoney.co.
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup grated red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
Just Beet It
Tap into these exotic ingredients and let the smoothie’s vibrant red hue shine through in your rosy cheeks. Simply toss everything into the blender and the rest is history. Recipe from feastingnotfasting.com.
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 roasted beet
- ½ a banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 kale leaf
- ½ cup water or almond milk
- ½ tablespoon hemp hearts (you can get these on Amazon or from your local health grocer)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Green Apple Pie
Take advantage of seasonal green apples with this tangy play on a classic favorite and don’t skimp on the spices! Plus, enjoy the shot of protein (and added smoothness) that come from the tofu. Recipe from ohmyveggies.com.
- 1 cup spinach (standard or baby spinach)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (cut into chunks)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 package (12 ounces) silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For all your health and chiropractic needs, call Revive Medical Center in Lawrenceville at 770-545-8888 today!